Alstom wins Shuqaiq plant contract
Jeddah, September 17, 2013
Alstom, a French energy solutions and transport company, has been awarded a contract to supply steam turbine generators for the Shuqaiq project in Saudi Arabia.
The $227 million contract to supply four 720 MW steam turbine generator sets was given by lead contractor Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI). The Shuqaiq plant is due to enter commercial operation in 2017.
Alstom's contract includes the engineering, manufacturing, supply and field services for all four steam turbines and generators, and will also include all direct control and auxiliary systems.
The 2,650 MW power plant will be located on the kingdom’s western Red Sea coast and will help Saudi Arabia expand generation base while minimising environmental impact. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday
- Saudi plans to double power generation
- Iran decades away from becoming gas export giant
- Pakistan, Iran to speed up gas pipeline project
- Opec cuts output closer to 2014 demand