Iraq to store 4m barrels of crude in Korea
Seoul, September 11, 2013
Iraq plans to store 4 million barrels of crude in South Korea, the country's oil minister said on Wednesday.
"The reason we are storing it in Korea is it to be near the markets - the Asian markets," Oil Minister Abdul Kareem Luaibi told reporters ahead of an Asian oil ministers' meeting in the Korean capital.
He said the oil would be delivered into storage this year or early next year. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt/Saudi grid tenders to be launched in 2014
- Scottish oilfield firm expands in Mideast
- Global oil demand growth 'gaining momentum'
- Taqa targets $20m saving with HQ restructure
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday