Iran names new state oil, gas chiefs
Tehran, September 11, 2013
Iran's new oil minister has appointed Roknoddin Javadi as the head of the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC), replacing Ahmad Ghalebani, oil ministry news website Shana said on Wednesday.
Oil minister Bijan Zanganeh also made Javadi his deputy and named eight other board members of the state oil company as part of a wide shuffle of energy officials who served under the previous government.
Earlier this week, Zanganeh appointed Hamid Reza Araqi as the managing director of National Iranian Gas Company (NIGC), replacing Javad Oji.
He also installed Abbas Sheri Moqqadam as head of the National Petrochemical Company, replacing Abdolhosain Bayat, Shana said.
Javadi previously served as director of the Oil Industries Engineering and Construction Company (OIEC) and was head of NIGC when Zanganeh was oil minister under the reformist president Mohammad Khatami.
Iran holds the world's fourth-largest proven oil reserves and the largest natural gas reserves but western sanctions have slashed its oil exports and stunted gas sector growth.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’