Abu Dhabi meet to discuss reservoir issues
Dubai, September 11, 2013
Industry experts will gather to discuss key issues related to reservoir and geoscience disciplines at a conference to be held in Abu Dhabi.
The 2013 SPE Reservoir Characterisation and Simulation Conference (RCSC), under the theme ‘New Approaches in Characterisation and Modelling of Complex Reservoirs,’ will take place at the Beach Rotana Hotel from September 16 to 18.
Ali Al Muallem, co-chairing Saudi Aramco and RCSC 2013 Conference, said: “With more than 300 regional and international industry leaders and professionals with an interest in the reservoir and geosciences discipline expected to attend, RCSC will provide valuable networking opportunities, and a learning experience from the technical programme.”
The conference includes three panel sessions titled ‘NOC/IOC Service Providers Collaboration for Technology Development’, ‘Lessons Learnt from Other Industries and How to Apply it to Oil and Gas’, and ‘How Does Characterisation and Modelling Integrate into the Decision Making Process?’
Eighteen technical sessions along with knowledge sharing ePoster stations will cover topics such as IOR/EOR modelling, reservoir monitoring and management, formation evaluation and petrophysics, history matching, geostatistics and static modeling and integrated modeling.
An exhibition will run alongside the conference, showcasing products from regional and international companies. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships
- Taqa wins approval for N Sea development
- BP to develop $16bn Oman shale gas project
- Saudi PetroRabigh eyes $267m revenue
- Libyan leader says will not reopen oil ports