170 Iraqi nationals complete Lukoil training
Moscow, August 28, 2013
About 170 Iraqi nationals completed a training programme at Lukoil Overseas Mid-East, a Russia-based subsidiary that manages international oil and gas production and exploration projects.
The trainees were assigned to different facilities of the West Qurna-2 field, in Basra province, depending on their obtained qualifications, including well production, treatment of oil and gas, instrumentation and control, electrical and mechanical engineering.
The training programme consisted of several competency-oriented modules and covers necessary applied technical disciplines, HSE, leadership development courses, and on-the-job training, said a statement.
The centre also hosts specialised computer-equipped training laboratories for English language and special disciplines, a library, technical support office and training workshops.
A second group of 160 students will complete their training in May 2014 and a third group of 180 students will begin in January 2014, said the statement.
The training was provided by SPIE Oil & Gas Services, a leader in the area of training technical personnel for large oil and gas projects, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Saudi plans to double power generation
- Iran decades away from becoming gas export giant
- Pakistan, Iran to speed up gas pipeline project
- Opec cuts output closer to 2014 demand
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Rolls Royce wins Abu Dhabi offshore deal
- Alternative energy strategies probed
- GCC firms consider Occidental Mena stake bid
- Experts discuss Mena energy markets outlook
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd