UAE-France JV wins $1.6bn oil field project
Abu Dhabi, August 28, 2013
A consortium of National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) and France's Technip have won a 6.2 billion dirham ($1.6 billion) contract to develop an offshore oil field in Abu Dhabi, the CEO of NPCC said.
The engineering procurement and construction (EPC) contract is for the development of the Umm Lulu field, awarded by state-owned Abu Dhabi Marine Operating Company (Adma-Opco).
"With this NPCC has also won the second package for the Umm Lulu development. We won the first package in June valued at $765 million," Aqeel Madhi, CEO of NPCC told Reuters.
NPCC is an oil and gas services contractor based in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
The first contract was exclusive to NPCC, he said, adding that the project is underway. Work on the second will commence shortly and is expected to be completed by mid-2018, he said.
The Umm Lulu field development is part of Adma-Opco's plans to add around 300 million barrels per day(mbpd) of oil from three fields to lift production to about 1 million bpd of oil by 2020.
Currently, Adma-Opco's production is 600,000 bpd of oil. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’