Safest oil and gas firms to be recognised
Abu Dhabi, August 14, 2013
Oil and gas firms around the world have been invited to submit nominations for the annual Opito Safety and Competency Awards 2013, which recognise organisations that achieve the highest safety standards in the industry.
The awards will be presented at the Opito Safety and Competency Conference (OSCC) to be held at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel on November 19.
The judging criteria will include the rationale for adopting the standards, range, number of staff trained or assessed to Opito standards in the last 12 months, geographical location and examples where Opito standards have shown an improvement in safety and competence, said a statement.
The Opito Approved Training Providers Award recognises the training provider which best demonstrates its commitment to developing the skills of their staff to deliver training.
The criteria examines the range of standards used in the development programme, the number of staff involved over the year, structure and timeframe of the development programme and examples of innovation in learning and development.
The deadline for the nominations is August 23, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd
- Libya lost $7bn to oil strikes, says minister
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM