Safest oil and gas firms to be recognised
Abu Dhabi, August 14, 2013
Oil and gas firms around the world have been invited to submit nominations for the annual Opito Safety and Competency Awards 2013, which recognise organisations that achieve the highest safety standards in the industry.
The awards will be presented at the Opito Safety and Competency Conference (OSCC) to be held at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel on November 19.
The judging criteria will include the rationale for adopting the standards, range, number of staff trained or assessed to Opito standards in the last 12 months, geographical location and examples where Opito standards have shown an improvement in safety and competence, said a statement.
The Opito Approved Training Providers Award recognises the training provider which best demonstrates its commitment to developing the skills of their staff to deliver training.
The criteria examines the range of standards used in the development programme, the number of staff involved over the year, structure and timeframe of the development programme and examples of innovation in learning and development.
The deadline for the nominations is August 23, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’
- Qatar bourse celebrates Mesaieed listing