Dewa launches staff skillls drive
Dubai, July 18, 2013
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) has launched a club to hone skills of its ‘excellence assessors’ and optimise internal operations.
The ‘Excellence Assessors Club’ aims to further increase the ability of its employees and enable them to analyse and evaluate the internal functionings based on the Dubai Government Excellence Programme (DGEP) criteria.
The club will provide a platform for Dewa’s excellence assessors to define areas of strength and explore potential opportunities for improvement. It aims to improve the capabilities of Dewa’s 100 excellence assessors as of 2012 in the fields of organisational excellence and business development. In turn, the assessors will provide technical support across all organisational levels for various developmental projects by Dewa.
“Dewa implements best international practices and is committed to the highest quality and excellence standards. We aim to optimise our services and achieve our vision to become a sustainable world-class utility by promoting a culture of organisational excellence across all various divisions and operations,” said Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, managing director and CEO of Dewa.
“We will consistently promote organisational excellence by supporting our excellence assessors professionally and academically, and activating partnerships with local and international organisations in this field,” added Al Tayer.
“Our efforts have positioned us as an international leader in the field of organisational excellence and internal audit, with Dewa surpassing leading American and European organisations in various fields in administration and services,” concluded Al Tayer.
“Our commitment to adopting organisational excellence as a framework across our various operations has positioned Dewa as a model organisation, both locally and internationally. Our success has been attracting our partners and counterparts to visit Dewa to learn about process optimisation,” said Yousef Al Akraf, EVP of business support, and VP of human resources.
The organisational excellence department at business support and human resources at Dewa has formed an elected committee to manage the club and develop the annual plans. The department is now exploring the possibility of expanding the club to include all excellence assessors in Dubai Government. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants