Ultra Electronics to launch EnergyGuard in Mideast
Abu Dhabi, July 7, 2013
London-based Ultra Electronics is set to launch its new generation Scada protection solution, EnergyGuard at a cyber security forum to take place in Abu Dhabi in October.
“EnergyGuard is designed to protect the devices at the critical edge of the network interfacing with the real world. It acts as a personal bodyguard, providing defence-in-depth protection from cyber (including network) and physical attack,” said Nigel Mackie, Ultra Electronics' cyber security director.
“It does this by integrating a number of discrete protection mechanisms to assure regulated access and communication with the more vulnerable and critical control and monitoring devices,” he said.
Developed by Ultra’s 3eTI business, the solution’s capabilities have been evaluated within the National Scada Test bed sponsored by the US Department of Homeland Security and operated by the US Department of Energy’s Idaho National Laboratory, said a statement.
The Oil and Gas ICS Cyber Security Forum will take place between October 7 and 10 at Hilton Abu Dhabi, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell
- Alstom to set up Saudi power generation JV