Mitsubishi wins Turkey steam turbine order
Tokyo, July 6, 2013
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI), jointly with Mitsubishi Corp, has received an order from Gurmat Electricity Generation Company, an affiliate of independent Turkish power producer Guris Holding Company, for installation of a steam turbine unit at its second 47 MW power generation plant.
The new unit at the Germencik Geothermal Power Plant, which is located on the Aegean Sea coast 60 km south of Izmir, Turkey's third-largest city, is slated to go on-stream in 2015.
Steam turbines are a core component of geothermal power plants, said a statement from Mitsubishi.
The accompanying generator will be provided by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation. MHI believes that the high operational availability and reliability of its previously delivered equipment were highly evaluated and contributed to the awarding of the new order.
The latest order represents the second steam turbine to be supplied by MHI to the Germencik Geothermal Power Plant, following a turbine delivered in 2008 for power generation unit No.1, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday
- Saudi plans to double power generation
- Iran decades away from becoming gas export giant
- Pakistan, Iran to speed up gas pipeline project
- Opec cuts output closer to 2014 demand
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Rolls Royce wins Abu Dhabi offshore deal
- Alternative energy strategies probed