Bapco launches key competency project
Manama, June 19, 2013
Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) has started the rollout of its competency framework project, which is an initiative aimed at obtaining and retaining talent, said a report.
The project will see the company's training and development department create a comprehensive set of competency standards that profile all job roles within the organisation, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
In executing the project, Bapco will work closely with PetroSkills, a training consultancy that has been recruited to provide accurate and up-to-date definitions of what is required for an individual to be competent in their job role.
In order to capture and document the competencies, the consultants will need to observe individuals and speak to them about details of their work from which a competency standards map will be derived.
The many benefits for employees of the map include demonstrating their professionalism, inspiring their confidence and recognising career paths.
The rollout will take place over the next few weeks but the project itself will be ongoing for several years.
The rollout phase aims at providing line managers and superintendents with more information about the developments and answering any questions about the project.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd
- Libya lost $7bn to oil strikes, says minister
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM