Bahrain highlights energy sector success
Manama, June 5, 2013
The success of Bahrain's oil and gas sector has been highlighted in the National Oil and Gas Authority's (Noga) annual report for 2012 which was released yesterday.
The report includes all the activities and achievements of the authority during 2012, reflecting the key role played by the oil and gas sector in the kingdom.
Marking the occasion, Finance Minister and Minister in charge of Oil and Gas Affairs Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa said that 2012 was characterised with the continuous success of the kingdom in hosting the major international oil activities, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
This included the Middle East 10th Geosciences Conference and Exhibition (GEO 2012) and the eighth Middle East Refining and Petrochemicals Conference and Exhibition (Petrotech 2012).
A series of meetings with senior executives of international companies was also held to exchange experiences and to be briefed on the latest techniques used in the field of exploration, drilling and oil production, Shaikh Ahmed said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue