Key Iraq energy conference in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, May 16, 2013
Abu Dhabi will host a key conference titled "Iraq Energy 2013/2014: Business and Investment Opportunities in Iraq’s Oil and Gas Sectors", next week.
UAE Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development Sheikh Nahayan bin Mabarak Al Nahayan will deliver the opening keynote address at the conference in Sofitel Hotel.
The two-day conference will open on May 22.
Event director Jinanda Sheth said: “We are honoured that HH Sheikh Nahayan will grace us with his presence and insight. He will be joined by Dr Khalaf Abdul Samad Khalaf, the Governor of Basra, Dr Mehdi Hafedh, member of parliament and former minister of planning in Iraq, for a truly high-level keynote session, focusing on the increasing business and investment opportunities in Iraq’s burgeoning oil and gas sectors."
Auday Al Moman, vice chairman of the Iraqi Business Council Abu Dhabi, said: “UAE-based companies have featured heavily in the rebuilding of Iraq’s energy sector in recent years and have established the UAE as an oil and gas hub with exceptional readily available products and services that Iraq can easily access.”
The conference will bring together organisations looking to increase their footprint in Iraq’s lucrative oil and gas market. Attending will be Iraq Ministry of Oil officials, IOC country heads and project leaders, technology, service and equipment providers, EPC contractors, supply chain logistics experts, and financial and legal advisors.
Other confirmed speakers at the event are:
• Dr Ali Al Mashat, member of the Prime Minister’s Advisory Commission, Prime Minister’s Office, Iraq
• Hamdiyah Al Jaff, president and chairman, Trade Bank of Iraq
• Andrew McAuslan, vice president – negotiations, upstream business development, BP
• Gati Al Jebouri, senior vice president, Lukoil Overseas
• Qian Mingyang, president assistant, PetroChina Iraq
• Omar Moussa, vice president Iraq, Schlumberger
• Nateq Balsem Khalafa, deputy director general, State Company for Oil Projects (SCOP), Iraq
• Dr Mustafa Al Jarrah, senior Iraqi energy consultant and former director general, State Company for Petrochemicals, Iraq
The event is co-hosted by The Energy Exchange and The Iraqi Business Council Abu Dhabi (IBCAD) and has the official support of the Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Abu Dhabi. The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the official Platinum Sponsor. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Market fearing oil shortages, says Saudi minister
- Iraq oil export plunges in Dec
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'