Gulf Petrochem receives Meed award
Dubai, May 16, 2013
Gulf Petrochem Group, a leading player in the oil industry, has been awarded the ‘Mashreq Oil & Gas Project of the Year’ award during the Meed Quality Awards for Projects 2013, recently held at Jumeirah Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi.
Gulf Petrochem’s Fujairah oil terminal was named national winner in the UAE and the award was received by Manan Goel, group director and Sanjeev Sisaudia, group CEO, a statement from the company said.
With a storage capacity of 412,000 cubic meters, the first phase of the terminal is able to handle class III petroleum products such as fuel oil, gas oil and cutter stock.
Manan Goel, group director, Gulf Petrochem, said: “This award validates the success of Gulf Petrochem’s recently inaugurated Fujairah oil terminal and is testament to the state-of-the-art technology and highly-automated systems implemented in the terminal.”
“We anticipate even greater momentum for Gulf Petrochem in the future as we push forward with our future plans in the region, and internationally.”
Sanjeev Sisaudia, group CEO, Gulf Petrochem, said: “Oil terminals have become one of the key drivers of our growth and hence we have strategised to expand this business in different regions and integrate it with our other strategic business units.”
The Meed Quality Awards for Projects, in association with Ernst and Young, recognises, celebrates and rewards project owners and key project teams who have completed the highest quality projects in the GCC. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships