Taqa appoints key officials for UK, Iraq
Abu Dhabi, May 9, 2013
Taqa, the global energy company based in Abu Dhabi, has appointed Pete Jones to the position of managing director for Taqa’s UK oil and gas business and Leo Koot as the managing director of the company in Iraq.
Jones will be based in Aberdeen and responsible for the company’s operations in the UK North Sea.
Jones joins Taqa from Marathon Oil Corp where he held the position of regional vice president – Wyoming. A British national, Jones has a Master’s Degree in Operations Research from the University of Birmingham.
Jones succeeds Leo Koot, who will be responsible for all of Taqa’s operations in Iraq. Koot joined Taqa in 2008 and is a Dutch national.
David Cook, Taqa executive officer and head of Oil and Gas, said: “Leo Koot has successfully built our UK business from scratch, and we are now a leading North Sea oil and gas operator. I am proud to have such a successful leader taking on the task of building our new operations in Iraq.”
“Pete Jones brings highly relevant skills and leadership experience to Taqa, where he will be leading the next phases in the evolution of Taqa’s North Sea business. We have already been successful in redevelopment of Northern North Sea assets and look forward to further expansion through exploration, development and the newly acquired BP assets,” he added.
Taqa has oil and gas operations in North America, UK, the Netherlands and the Kurdistan region of Iraq and produced an average of 135 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2012. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’
- Qatar bourse celebrates Mesaieed listing