Mubadala Petroleum wins Indonesia deal
Abu Dhabi, March 21, 2013
The UAE-based Mubadala Petroleum, in partnership with Inpex Corporation, has been awarded the production sharing contract (PSC) for the West Sebuku block in Indonesia.
Mubadala Petroleum will be the operator of the project with a 75.5 percent interest, with Inpex holding the remaining 24.5 percent interest, a statement said.
The PSC was awarded by the Director General of Oil & Gas (Migas), the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Indonesia. The partners anticipate concluding detailed terms of the PSC in the near future, the statement said.
Mubadala Petroleum conducted a geological study over the area during 2012 and activity will now focus on the acquisition of 3D seismic data over the block.
The West Sebuku PSC is adjacent to the Sebuku PSC where Mubadala Petroleum is also the operator, through its affiliate Pearloil (Sebuku) Limited, and is developing the Ruby gas field in partnership with Inpex and Total. First gas is expected from Ruby in the latter part of 2013.
Steve Peacock, chief operating officer, said: “The award of the West Sebuku PSC is a further extension to Mubadala’s Indonesia portfolio. It supports our strategy of finding and, if successful, developing gas for Indonesia’s growing domestic market and is located in close proximity to the infrastructure we are installing on the Ruby field.”
The Ruby field development is progressing as per schedule, and most importantly has established an excellent project safety record with an achievement of more than 5 million man hours without recordable injury, the statement said.
A 312 km-long pipeline that will connect the Ruby platform to the Senipah onshore gas plant, operated by Total, is now complete. Construction of the two Ruby platforms, a tripod wellhead platform (WHP) and a four-leg production platform (PQP) are nearing completion. Offshore installation and commissioning will commence in the second quarter 2013.
Once on stream, gas from Ruby will be delivered to the buyer, PT Pupuk Kalimantan Timur, an Indonesian fertilizer company in supportof the National Food Security Program, the statement added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract