Taqa set to launch $800m power plant bond
Abu Dhabi, March 13, 2013
Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (Taqa), the state-owned energy and utility firm, expects to launch an $800 million project finance bond related to the Shuweihat S2 power and water plant in the second quarter, a senior executive said on Wednesday.
"It'll be sometime in the second quarter," Taqa chief financial officer Stephen Kersley said on a conference call to discuss the firm's annual results.
"We have our indicative rating in place, we have the proforma of a refinancing deal in place, we have our documentation in place, we're ready to go," the official stated.
"We just have to get through the final pieces of the negotiation with the lender group which we're hopeful we will in the next few weeks and then you can expect to see us in the market," he added.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd
- Libya lost $7bn to oil strikes, says minister
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM