GPIC reports top production record
Manama, February 20, 2013
The Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) has recorded its highest-ever monthly production in January this year, a top official said.
Company president Abdulrahman Jawahery said the total 140,258 metric tonnes (mt) production included 61,549 mt of granular urea, 39,995 mt of ammonia and 38,714 mt of methanol.
"This record follows the company completing its biggest-ever periodic maintenance of its plants and facilities in November," Jawahery said.
"We spend a significant amount on capital expenditure projects to carry out continuous improvements which helps the company maintain the plants at an optimum efficiency," he said.
He said the support of company chairman and adviser to HRH the Premier on Industrial and Oil Affairs Shaikh Isa bin Ali Al Khalifa as well as the efforts of employees had helped to achieve the milestone. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iran to boost diesel exports to Iraq
- European oil price investigation widens
- Key Iraq energy conference in Abu Dhabi
- Gulf Petrochem receives Meed award
- Mideast facing ‘double dilemma’ over oil future
- Taqa ranked top UAE energy firm by Forbes
- Ipic head appointed GEM chairman
- Qatar Petroleum unit rebranded as Alwaseeta
- QPI plans to extend Centrica deal in N. America
- Masdar CEO urges diversified energy mix