GPIC reports top production record
Manama, February 20, 2013
The Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) has recorded its highest-ever monthly production in January this year, a top official said.
Company president Abdulrahman Jawahery said the total 140,258 metric tonnes (mt) production included 61,549 mt of granular urea, 39,995 mt of ammonia and 38,714 mt of methanol.
"This record follows the company completing its biggest-ever periodic maintenance of its plants and facilities in November," Jawahery said.
"We spend a significant amount on capital expenditure projects to carry out continuous improvements which helps the company maintain the plants at an optimum efficiency," he said.
He said the support of company chairman and adviser to HRH the Premier on Industrial and Oil Affairs Shaikh Isa bin Ali Al Khalifa as well as the efforts of employees had helped to achieve the milestone. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday
- Saudi plans to double power generation
- Iran decades away from becoming gas export giant
- Pakistan, Iran to speed up gas pipeline project
- Opec cuts output closer to 2014 demand
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Rolls Royce wins Abu Dhabi offshore deal
- Alternative energy strategies probed