Bapco in major crude run milestone
Manama, February 6, 2013
Baharain Petroleum Company (Bapco) said its refinery achieved a record monthly crude run in January, surpassing its previous highest record in November 2011.
The refinery netted the highest average monthly record of 271,800 barrels per day (bpd) of crude run, beating its previous record of 271,300 bpd in November 2011, reported the Gulf daily News, our sister publication.
This is a major achievement considering the refinery's average capacity of 262,000 bpd, it added.
"This major achievement is a culmination of the high performance in operation and the high availability of process units, resulting from regular reliability checks and ongoing maintenance programmes leading to highest possible plant availabilities," said a Bapco spokesman.
"This new record is a tremendous tribute to the dedication of our entire workforce," he stated.
"Through a focus on safety, the environment, clear communication, visible leadership and supply chain management, we continue to deliver superior results.
"Our focus on the strategic plan has enabled us to concentrate on the things that matter, and allows us to demonstrate that we are a true pacesetter in the industry," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraq's largest oilfield
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant