Iraq oil exports rise to 2.35m bpd in January
Baghdad, February 4, 2013
Iraq's oil exports climbed to 2.359 million barrels per day (bpd) in January from 2.340 million bpd the previous month, oil ministry officials said on Sunday.
Iraq shipped 2.095 million bpd from the southern oil hub of Basra and 264,000 bpd from the northern fields around Kirkuk, including 11,000 barrels trucked to Jordan, they said.
Slowing exports from the Kurdish region and repeated attacks on the major export line to Ceyhan port in Turkey have significantly reduced Iraq's shipments from the north.
The Kurdish Regional Government (KRG) and the central government in Baghdad have been locked in a lengthy dispute over oil payments to producers in the Kurdish area.
The dispute was further aggravated at the start of January with the beginning of independent crude oil exports by the KRG via truck to Turkey, a blow to Baghdad's claim to full control over Iraqi oil.
Iraq's January crude shipments from the southern oilfields were higher by around 75,000 bpd compared to previous month levels of 2.02 million bpd.
Iraq has set a target to export around 2.2 million bpd from the south, but bad weather and maintenance work at Iraq's giant Rumaila oilfield have disrupted exports, oil officials said.
Opec member Iraq has the world's fourth-largest oil reserves and is targeting exports of 6 million bpd by 2017.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’
- Qatar bourse celebrates Mesaieed listing