Equate wins top regional CSR award
Kuwait, December 18, 2012
Kuwait-based Equate Petrochemical Company received the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) 2012 Award during the recent third annual Oil & Gas Middle East Awards ceremony in Dubai.
“Such recognition is a result of Equate’s overall commitment to all sustainability related issues, such as the environment. For this purpose, Equate has launched several initiatives aimed at ensuring the environment’s preservation and protection,” said Mohammad Al Benali, Equate VP Technical Services.
“These initiatives include Kuwait’s first and only seawater cooling towers, Kuwait’s first CO2 recovery project, as well as the Middle East’s first plant water recycle project.
“This has enabled Equate to manifest its world-class excellence to the judging committee which lauded and commended these unique achievements.”
Al Benali added: “The Company does not view this recognition and others as rewards, they are sources of encouragement to dedicate more efforts into implementing the principles of sustainability to the fullest by continuing Equate’s ’Partners in Success’ tagline.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraq's largest oilfield
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant