Bahrain-US energy ties discussed
Manama, November 19, 2012
Bahrain Finance Minister and Minister in charge of Oil and Gas Affairs Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa held several meetings with senior officials during his visit to the US Talks and discussed co-operation between the Kingdom and the US on oil and gas affairs.
A meeting with House of Representatives' energy and commerce committee chairman Ed Whitfield covered ways of bolstering co-operation and exchanging expertise between Bahrain and the US with respect to oil and gas sector supervision and control, training programmes for the development of operators, rationalisation and optimisation of energy resources and the use of clean and safe energy which combines economic growth and ensures environment safety standards.
The minister also met energy policy and international affairs assistant secretary David Sandalow and discussed development of the oil and gas industry.
Shaikh Ahmed held a meeting with First Assistant Secretary of State Robert Sicota. Both sides focused on means of stabilising petroleum situation in the international market.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Oil hits three-week low
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- Technip wins Adma-Opco contract
- Brent weakens towards $102
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraq's largest oilfield
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery