Bahrain minister meets top US oil officials
Manama, November 18, 2012
Bahrain Finance Minister and Minister in charge of Oil and Gas Affairs Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa held meetings with top officials of leading US petroleum companies on the cutting-edge oil exploration and production technologies.
The minister is on a four-day visit accompanied by a group of officials from the National Oil and Gas Authority, Bapco, Tatweer and the Finance Ministry, said a report in the GDN, our sister publication.
The minister visited leading US firms, including Weatherford International, Halliburton, Helmerich & Payne International Drilling, Schlumberger and K&M Energy Services.
He also toured Houston-based Occidental Petroleum Corporation in Texas, the third largest oil and gas company in the US.
The visiting delegation was briefed on cutting-edge oil exploration and production technologies. The US has boosted its oil and gas production thanks to the use of modern technologies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt/Saudi grid tenders to be launched in 2014
- Scottish oilfield firm expands in Mideast
- Global oil demand growth 'gaining momentum'
- Taqa targets $20m saving with HQ restructure
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday