Bahrain minister meets top US oil officials
Manama, November 18, 2012
Bahrain Finance Minister and Minister in charge of Oil and Gas Affairs Shaikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Khalifa held meetings with top officials of leading US petroleum companies on the cutting-edge oil exploration and production technologies.
The minister is on a four-day visit accompanied by a group of officials from the National Oil and Gas Authority, Bapco, Tatweer and the Finance Ministry, said a report in the GDN, our sister publication.
The minister visited leading US firms, including Weatherford International, Halliburton, Helmerich & Payne International Drilling, Schlumberger and K&M Energy Services.
He also toured Houston-based Occidental Petroleum Corporation in Texas, the third largest oil and gas company in the US.
The visiting delegation was briefed on cutting-edge oil exploration and production technologies. The US has boosted its oil and gas production thanks to the use of modern technologies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Oil prices set for biggest weekly loss
- Egypt to issue smart cards to fuel stations
- Oil hits three-week low
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- Technip wins Adma-Opco contract
- Brent weakens towards $102
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraq's largest oilfield
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity