Iraq could lower oil production target
London, November 13, 2012
Iraq could lower its oil production target to between 9 million barrels per day and 9.5 million bpd, the country's deputy prime minister for energy said on Tuesday, as part of a review.
Hussain al-Shahristani made the comments at the Oil & Money conference in London.
At present, Iraq with the help of foreign firms has plans to boost its production capacity to 12 million bpd by 2017, but this target has widely been seen as unrealistic. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Bahrain plans $41m water, power upgrades
- Enoc unit to commission $100m oil terminal
- India's HPCL to buy 40,000 bpd of Basra
- Iran's petrochem revenue surges to $2bn
- Bahrain to boost energy efficiency
- Oil prices set for biggest weekly loss
- Egypt to issue smart cards to fuel stations
- Oil hits three-week low
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- Technip wins Adma-Opco contract