Kuwait Oil Company to invest $40bn
Kuwait, November 5, 2012
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC), the upstream division of the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC), plans to invest about $40 billion in the next five years, it was revealed today.
The investment is aimed at raising Kuwait’s sustainable oil production capacity, the Meed Kuwait Energy & Infrastructure 2013 conference was told this morning.
KOC deputy managing director for technical services Mazen Al-Sardi said that most of the investment involved projects in northern Kuwait, a statement said.
He added that bids will be invited for three major gathering centres in northern Kuwait in the first quarter of 2013.
KPC CEO Farouk Al-Zanki told the conference that Kuwait aims to lift sustainable oil production capacity by 1 million bpd in 2020-30. Kuwait is producing about 3 million bpd at present. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd