IEA head says oil market sufficiently supplied
Vienna, October 4, 2012
The global oil market is sufficiently supplied and there is no reason to release extra reserves now, the head of the International Energy Agency (IEA) said on Thursday.
"There is no reason for action at this moment," Maria van der Hoeven said when asked at an energy conference in Vienna whether reserves should be released.
"High prices alone are not a reason to release the strategic stocks," she said. "The market in our view is sufficiently supplied."
"Yes, there are always some clear signs of tightness, especially product markets at this moment," she added. "Of course we monitor the markets to see what's happening and we stand ready to act." – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund
- Sembcorp inks Oman utilities JV project
- Saudi diesel import set to hit record levels
- $1bn Salalah IWPP opened officially