Technip wins Upper Zakum contract
Abu Dhabi, August 2, 2012
Technip, a global leader in project management and construction for the energy industry, has won a major engineering contract for Abu Dhabi’s Upper Zakum 750K offshore project from Zakum Development Company (Zadco).
The contract, which Technip won, in a consortium with National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC), involves a lump sum engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up for the oil field located 84 kilometers offshore Abu Dhabi.
It is divided into four production artificial islands (Central, North, South, and West), with processing facilities at the Central Complex.
The scope of work covers 240 kilometers of subsea pipelines, 128 kilometers of subsea composite and fiber-optic cables, and almost 30,000 tons of offshore structures (jackets, riser platforms, flare towers and bridges), including approximately 3,000 tons of islands modules and bridges.
The contract also includes the complete initial production facilities for temporary wells hook up to serve initial production distributed amongst the North, South and Central islands.
Technip's operating center in Abu Dhabi will execute the overall engineering and participate in procurement, on-island works, cable installation and initial production. The project is scheduled to be completed in the third quarter of 2015. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’
- Qatar bourse celebrates Mesaieed listing