Technip JV wins $817m Abu Dhabi oil contract
Abu Dhabi, July 10, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based oil and gas services contractor National Petroleum Construction Company and French group Technip have been jointly awarded a Dh3 billion ($817 million) contract to build offshore facilities at an oilfield in Abu Dhabi, sources said.
The contract is for the first phase of Zakum Development Company's (Zadco) expansion at its offshore oil field whose production will rise 100,000 barrels per day (bpd) when completed, one of the sources told Reuters on Monday.
'This is one of the big contracts NPCC and Technip have jointly won in Abu Dhabi this year. The two will be bidding for some more projects,' a second source familiar with the matter said.
Zadco, which operates the Upper Zakum field that is ranked as the world's fourth largest by the company, produces 500,000 bpd and plans to lift that to 750,000 by 2015.
The second phase of the project where bidding is under way will increase production by 150,000 bpd.
Zadco is a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company which holds a 60 per cent stake. US company ExxonMobil and Japan Oil Development Company have 28 per cent and 12 per cent respectively.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- Opec crude output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments