Enoc plans to boost Dubai refinery capacity
Dubai, June 19, 2012
Emirates National Oil Company (Enoc), owned by the Dubai government, plans to increase capacity at its Jebel Ali refinery by 20,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 140,000 bpd, the company said on Tuesday.
'The company is in the process of undertaking a refinery debottlenecking project which will increase its refining capacity to 140,000 bbls/day,' Enoc said in a statement.
The so-called debottlenecking process involves capacity improvements that improve flow. It did not give further details about the refinery project.
Jebel Ali port is Dubai's main shipping hub, both for general cargo and for oil product shipments. Fuel retailer Enoc is among the biggest oil storage owners at Jebel Ali, with its 1.2 million cubic meters of storage capacity.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund
- Sembcorp inks Oman utilities JV project
- Saudi diesel import set to hit record levels
- $1bn Salalah IWPP opened officially