Iran 'can withstand oil embargo for years'
Tehran, April 10, 2012
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran has enough funds to withstand a total embargo on its oil sales for several years, Iranian media reported on Tuesday.
"They (western powers) want to impose sanctions on our oil and we must say to them that we have that much saved that even if we didn't sell oil for two to three years, the country would manage easily," Ahmadinejad said during a visit to Hormuzgan province. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Sembcorp HV picks HSBC for Oman share sale
- Lukoil unit wins big gasoil supply deal in Egypt
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water
- Equate wins CSR award
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract
- Aramco-Dow JV raises funding for $19bn project
- GCC to pump over $250bn into power projects
- Oil soars to new high on ME unrest
- Iran oilfields 'could spring back from Western sanctions'