Oil price volatility 'to hit maritime trade'
Dubai, April 2, 2012
Current oil price fluctuations may increase the costs of maritime trade in the short term, while piracy is another concern for the shipping industry, the UAE's Economy Minister Sultan bin Saeed al-Mansouri said on Monday.
'The oil price fluctuation...in the short term is not positive and will impact the maritime trade,' Mansouri told a trade conference in the UAE capital.
He also said Abu Dhabi's new Khalifa Port would become operational in the fourth quarter of 2012.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraq's largest oilfield
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund