Oil price volatility 'to hit maritime trade'
Dubai, April 2, 2012
Current oil price fluctuations may increase the costs of maritime trade in the short term, while piracy is another concern for the shipping industry, the UAE's Economy Minister Sultan bin Saeed al-Mansouri said on Monday.
'The oil price fluctuation...in the short term is not positive and will impact the maritime trade,' Mansouri told a trade conference in the UAE capital.
He also said Abu Dhabi's new Khalifa Port would become operational in the fourth quarter of 2012.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell
- Alstom to set up Saudi power generation JV