Schlumberger unveils new technologies
Manama, March 7, 2012
Leading oilfield services company Schlumberger introduced two new technologies that will help energy firms discover untapped hydrocarbon resources at the ongoing Middle East Geosciences Exhibition in Bahrain.
The two technologies will assist oil and gas companies in Bahrain and the Middle East to discover untapped hydrocarbon resources and enhance productivity from existing reservoirs.
Through the launch of UniQ Systems Sales from WesternGeco, this new business provides a revolution in land seismic, while the launch of MicroScope Services from Drilling & Measurements provides the energy industry with high-resolution resistivity and imaging while drilling for formation evaluation, well placement and fracture identification.
"Schlumberger is proud to launch these two new technologies in the Middle East at GEO 2012 in Bahrain, and echoes Energy Minister and National Oil and Gas Authority chairman Dr Abdulhussain Mirza's comments that new technology is the key to the energy industry growth," said Schlumberger Middle East president Khalid Mugharbel.
"We look forward to applying these technologies through close collaboration with our customers across the region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships