Rasgas in supply deal with Taiwan's CTC
Doha, December 6, 2011
Qatar's Rasgas has agreed to supply Taiwan's CTC Corp with 1.5 million tonnes per annum of liquefied natural gas (LNG), the chairman of Rasgas said on Tuesday.
Delivery will start in 2013 with incremental volume increases to 2016, said Rasgas Chairman Hamad Rashid al-Mohannadi, declining to comment on the price of the deal.
'Recently the government has announced a new energy policy to encourage the consumption of natural gas in Taiwan,' said CTC chairman Shao-Hua Chu, speaking at the World Petroleum Congress in Qatar. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone