Rasgas in supply deal with Taiwan's CTC
Doha, December 6, 2011
Qatar's Rasgas has agreed to supply Taiwan's CTC Corp with 1.5 million tonnes per annum of liquefied natural gas (LNG), the chairman of Rasgas said on Tuesday.
Delivery will start in 2013 with incremental volume increases to 2016, said Rasgas Chairman Hamad Rashid al-Mohannadi, declining to comment on the price of the deal.
'Recently the government has announced a new energy policy to encourage the consumption of natural gas in Taiwan,' said CTC chairman Shao-Hua Chu, speaking at the World Petroleum Congress in Qatar. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- ASAR named legal advisor for Kuwait project
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraq's largest oilfield
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant