Bapco sacks 39 more for flouting rules
Manama, April 28, 2011
Bapco has announced 39 more workers had been sacked for deliberate absenteeism and breaking company rules and regulations.
It brings the total number of those dismissed to 243.
Thirteen others have also been given final warnings after an investigation panel found they had also violated company rules and regulations.
'The employees have been found guilty of committing violations, including deliberate absenteeism and breaking company rules and regulations, by their involvement in a strike,' said an official.
'They also instigated others to take part in the strike, which led to disruption of operations and production and caused financial losses, in addition to harming the company's reputation.
'Their actions also created disunity and unrest among employees.'
Bapco earlier said it had lost nearly BD4 million as a result of its workers responding to the strike called by the General Federation of Bahrain Trade Unions.
An official said the company has also filed a complaint at the Public Prosecution against its trade union board members for instigating staff to join the strike.
It said the board sent out written invitations to all workers to participate in a strike starting on March 13.
It also called a strike on February 20.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Qatari gas export revenue surges in April, oil down
- Adipec to recognise women empowerment
- New oil pipeline to Turkey soon say Kurds
- Qatar plans $46m investment in top solar group
- Bapco launches key competency project
- Sipchem picks HSBC as adviser for Sahara merger
- Sembcorp HV picks HSBC for Oman share sale
- Lukoil unit wins big gasoil supply deal in Egypt
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water