Samsung wins $462m Saudi plant order
Seoul, February 14, 2011
South Korea's Samsung Engineering said on Monday it has won a 520 billion won ($461.7 million) combined heat and power plant order from Saudi Arabia.
The company said in a filing with the stock exchange that the order was for Saudi Arabia's Aramco gas development project in the Wasit region.
Yesterday, it was announced that South Korea's SK Engineering & Construction had signed deals worth $1.9 billion with Aramco for the gas plant.
In late January, Aramco awarded deals to SK E&C and Samsung Engineering.
SK added in a statement that the construction period would be within 38 months, ending in 2014. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- $1bn Salalah IWPP opened officially
- Saudi oil exports plunge in March
- Kuwait replaces top oil sector officials
- Iran to boost diesel exports to Iraq
- European oil price investigation widens
- Key Iraq energy conference in Abu Dhabi
- Gulf Petrochem receives Meed award
- Mideast facing ‘double dilemma’ over oil future
- Taqa ranked top UAE energy firm by Forbes
- Ipic head appointed GEM chairman