Samsung wins $462m Saudi plant order
Seoul, February 14, 2011
South Korea's Samsung Engineering said on Monday it has won a 520 billion won ($461.7 million) combined heat and power plant order from Saudi Arabia.
The company said in a filing with the stock exchange that the order was for Saudi Arabia's Aramco gas development project in the Wasit region.
Yesterday, it was announced that South Korea's SK Engineering & Construction had signed deals worth $1.9 billion with Aramco for the gas plant.
In late January, Aramco awarded deals to SK E&C and Samsung Engineering.
SK added in a statement that the construction period would be within 38 months, ending in 2014. - Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday
- Saudi plans to double power generation
- Iran decades away from becoming gas export giant
- Pakistan, Iran to speed up gas pipeline project
- Opec cuts output closer to 2014 demand
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Rolls Royce wins Abu Dhabi offshore deal
- Alternative energy strategies probed
- GCC firms consider Occidental Mena stake bid