Aramco tenders for 2011 gas oil purchases
Dubai, December 9, 2010
State oil company Saudi Aramco is seeking bids for its gas oil term purchases for 2011 and wants to buy at least four cargoes per month, trade sources said on Thursday.
The tender closed on Tuesday but preferred bidders will be invited to Singapore next week for further negotiations, sources said.
Aramco is looking to buy at least four cargoes per month from February to November, one trade source said. He added that it is seeking both 500 ppm and 0.5 gas oil.
The company is likely to import five to six cargoes between February and April on term contracts, another source said, adding that an additional purchase of two to three cargoes per month was on the cards due to refinery maintenance shutdowns during those months.
Aramco was not immediately available for comment.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund
- Sembcorp inks Oman utilities JV project
- Saudi diesel import set to hit record levels
- $1bn Salalah IWPP opened officially