PetroRabigh resumes refining operations
Riyadh, October 25, 2010
Saudi-based Rabigh Refining and Petrochemical Company (PetroRabigh) said on Monday its oil refining units had resumed work after a power outage halted operations.
Petrochemical operations are also being prepared to resume work, the company said in a statement on the Saudi bourse website.
The company had said on Sunday most operations were interrupted due to a power outage on Saturday. It gave no details then.
PetroRabigh is a joint-venture between Saudi Aramco and Japan's Sumitomo Chemical and it has three polyethylene units at its giant petrochemical complex in Rabigh, located on the Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia. -Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd
- Libya lost $7bn to oil strikes, says minister
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM