Enoc refuels debut flight at new Dubai airport
Dubai, June 21, 2010
Enoc Aviation became the first supplier to provide jet fuel to an aircraft at the new Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali on June 20.
This aircraft was an Emirates airline cargo flight from Hong Kong to Düsseldorf.
When fully completed, Al Maktoum International Airport will be the world’s largest passenger and cargo hub with a design capacity of over 12 million tonnes of cargo a year and in excess of 120 million passengers annually and capable of handling all new generation aircraft.
The airport will be ten times the size of Dubai International Airport and Dubai Cargo Village combined, a statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- GCC firms consider Occidental Mena stake bid
- Experts discuss Mena energy markets outlook
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd
- Libya lost $7bn to oil strikes, says minister
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014