Enoc refuels debut flight at new Dubai airport
Dubai, June 21, 2010
Enoc Aviation became the first supplier to provide jet fuel to an aircraft at the new Al Maktoum International Airport in Jebel Ali on June 20.
This aircraft was an Emirates airline cargo flight from Hong Kong to Düsseldorf.
When fully completed, Al Maktoum International Airport will be the world’s largest passenger and cargo hub with a design capacity of over 12 million tonnes of cargo a year and in excess of 120 million passengers annually and capable of handling all new generation aircraft.
The airport will be ten times the size of Dubai International Airport and Dubai Cargo Village combined, a statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Sembcorp HV picks HSBC for Oman share sale
- Lukoil unit wins big gasoil supply deal in Egypt
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water
- Equate wins CSR award
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract
- Aramco-Dow JV raises funding for $19bn project
- GCC to pump over $250bn into power projects
- Oil soars to new high on ME unrest
- Iran oilfields 'could spring back from Western sanctions'