Kuwait plans $24bn spend on projects
Kuwait City, May 11, 2010
The Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) plans to spend up to 7 billion dinars ($24.31 billion) in the next five years on development projects, state news agency Kuna reported on Monday.
Kuna quoted Sami Al Rushaid, the state firm's chairman and managing director, as saying the funds, between 5 to 7 billion dinars, would go to a number of development projects including early production facilities, drilling wells, pipelines, and gas booster stations.
Al Rushaid said the projects will also include building a hospital and buying tug boats for oil tankers.
Kuwait, the world's fourth-largest oil exporter, is looking to boost oil output capacity to 4 million barrels a day (bpd) by 2020 and gas output to 4 billion cubic feet per day (cfd) by 2030.
Kuwait relies on oil exports for over 90 percent of state revenues. Its oil production capacity is 3.1 million bpd. Last month, Al Rushaid said at an oil conference Kuwait would invest around 3 billion dinars in upstream developments over the next five years.
Kuna quoted another oil official, Hashim Al-Rifai, managing director for planning at Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC), as saying the parent company was seeking private sector partners in ownership and management of some oil activities. He did not elaborate. -Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd
- Korean refiners eye more Iraq crude
- Dana starts Egypt gas plant upgrade
- Opec oil production hits new high in Feb
- Taqa-led group to buy Indian hydropower plants
- Schneider gets energy management certification
- Morocco moves ahead with $1.7bn wind farms
- Iraq approves power plant investments
- 670,000 oil & gas wells ‘need to be drilled’
- Qatar bourse celebrates Mesaieed listing