Iran imports 2m bbls gas oil from Singapore
Dubai, December 22, 2009
Iran has purchased about 2 million barrels of gas oil (diesel) from Singapore trader Hin Leong for December delivery, industry sources said on Tuesday.
Iran resumed diesel imports in September as it prepared to meet winter heating demand. The Islamic Republic has been buying about 400,000-600,000 barrels monthly since September, traders said.
Iran put no cash aside for diesel imports this year in its annual budget beginning on March 21 as it expected gas to meet power demand.
Iranian officials were unavailable to comment on whether an allocation has since been made for diesel imports and why gas supply was insufficient to meet demand.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- BP to invest $2.85bn in Iraq's largest oilfield
- 200 firms gear up for Saudi Energy
- Siemens wins $266m jobs from Saudi Electricity
- Forum focus on solar desalination
- Oman launches ME-first solar driven oil recovery
- Kuwaiti oil service workers on strike over pay
- Aramco awards Midyan project to L&T
- Taqa looking at share options
- Aramco seeks bids for power plant
- Qatar sets up $1bn energy infrastructure fund