Iran imports 2m bbls gas oil from Singapore
Dubai, December 22, 2009
Iran has purchased about 2 million barrels of gas oil (diesel) from Singapore trader Hin Leong for December delivery, industry sources said on Tuesday.
Iran resumed diesel imports in September as it prepared to meet winter heating demand. The Islamic Republic has been buying about 400,000-600,000 barrels monthly since September, traders said.
Iran put no cash aside for diesel imports this year in its annual budget beginning on March 21 as it expected gas to meet power demand.
Iranian officials were unavailable to comment on whether an allocation has since been made for diesel imports and why gas supply was insufficient to meet demand.-Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell
- Alstom to set up Saudi power generation JV