UAE consortium to acquire 29pc in Victoria Oil
Abu Dhabi, January 6, 2008
Abu Dhabi-based investment house Noor Capital is acquiring 29 per cent of UK's Victoria Oil and Gas Plc along with a consortium of UAE and Gulf investors.
The consortium led by Falcon Petroleum Ltd will invest $36 million in Victoria Oil and Gas, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange Alternative Investment Market (AIM), Noor Capital said in a statement. It gave no further details.
The consortium would have the option to bid for the whole company in the future, it added. Victoria Oil & Gas Plc is an AIM-listed oil and gas company in the London Stock Exchange operating in the oil and gas sector in the former Soviet Union.
The company operates an oil producing field in Kazakhstan, and has exploration concessions in Siberia and Britain as Kazakhstan. Falcon Petroleum Limited is an independent oil and Gas Exploration and Production operating company registered in
Cyprus by a group of UAE and international partners. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Experts discuss Mena energy markets outlook
- Saudi Nov output steady, pumps 9.745m bpd
- Libya lost $7bn to oil strikes, says minister
- Iran to start gas exports to Iraq by July 2014
- Taqa invites banks ahead of bond issue
- Dewa ups 2014 budget by $1.8bn from 2013
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms