Aramco for strategic technology
Riyadh, August 11, 2007
Saudi Aramco and Schlumberger are jointly developing new borehole gravity metering (BHGM) technology to measure the movement of deep-reservoir fluids at a precision scale never before attained.
"Saudi Aramco is actively pursuing the development of strategic technologies and tools for reservoir surveillance and monitoring," says Amin H Nasser, vice-president of Petroleum Engineering and Development at Saudi Aramco.
"Collaboration with service providers is one of our approaches to develop next-generation tools that meet our needs."
The development project will be executed by a technical team comprised of researchers from Saudi Aramco's EXPEC ARC and Schlumberger, according to a report of Saudi Aramco's website.
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Sembcorp inks Oman utilities JV project
- Saudi diesel import set to hit record levels
- $1bn Salalah IWPP opened officially
- Saudi oil exports plunge in March
- Kuwait replaces top oil sector officials
- Iran to boost diesel exports to Iraq
- European oil price investigation widens
- Key Iraq energy conference in Abu Dhabi
- Gulf Petrochem receives Meed award
- Mideast facing ‘double dilemma’ over oil future