Aramco for strategic technology
Riyadh, August 11, 2007
Saudi Aramco and Schlumberger are jointly developing new borehole gravity metering (BHGM) technology to measure the movement of deep-reservoir fluids at a precision scale never before attained.
"Saudi Aramco is actively pursuing the development of strategic technologies and tools for reservoir surveillance and monitoring," says Amin H Nasser, vice-president of Petroleum Engineering and Development at Saudi Aramco.
"Collaboration with service providers is one of our approaches to develop next-generation tools that meet our needs."
The development project will be executed by a technical team comprised of researchers from Saudi Aramco's EXPEC ARC and Schlumberger, according to a report of Saudi Aramco's website.
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- GlassPoint appoints new Oman director
- Sheffield company opens Dubai hub
- Oman targets big rise in gas output
- Intertek buys UAE firm for $66m
- Qaiwan to tender Baizan refinery EPC contract
- Al Maha wins Oman Air fuel supply deal
- Iran to become top gas importer by 2025
- UAE hydrocarbon projects seen hitting $11bn
- Summit focus on occupational safety
- Aramco names new senior VP
- Siemens gets $253m Qatar power contract
- Taqa-led group's India deal worth $1.6bn
- Taqa-led group to buy India power plants
- Iraq oil exports hit record 2.8m bpd