Hyundai named ‘Manufacturer of the Year’
Dubai, November 17, 2013
Hyundai Motor Company has been named ‘Manufacturer of the Year 2013-2014’ by leading Middle East motoring magazine, Sport Auto.
The recognition marks the progress the company has made on its way to taking the number two position in the region’s car market, said a statement.
Tom Lee, vice president and head of Hyundai’s Africa and Middle East regional headquarters, was presented with the award by editor-in-chief Gerard Saunal, at this year’s Dubai International Motor Show.
Saunal said: “In our view, Hyundai is one of the most progressive manufacturers in the region. The all-round customer experience it now offers, both in terms of the extent of its advanced product line-up and its focus on delivering the highest standards of customer service, has made owning a Hyundai car even more desirable than ever before. Hyundai’s stated aim - to focus on quality rather than quantity – is a bold vision, and we believe that they are taking the right steps to achieve this.”
The key factors to its success include the introduction of the ‘Modern Premium’ brand direction, applied to the development of new cars; and the new ‘Fluidic Sculpture’ design philosophy which has brought modern and unique styling to new models such as Elantra, Azera and Santa Fe, he said.
“It is a great honour for Hyundai to receive the inaugural Manufacturer of the Year award from Sport Auto, which reinforces that we are headed in the right direction in our aim to become the most beloved brand in the region,” said Lee.
Sport Auto is a regional leading Arabic motoring magazine and has a distribution that spans the whole of the Middle East. It is headquartered in Dubai, with a number of additional offices in Beirut and Jeddah. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer