Audi A3 Sedan wins top automotive award
Ingolstadt/Berlin, November 13, 2013
The new A3 Sedan has won one of the most coveted awards in the automotive industry – the Golden Steering Wheel 2013.
This year there were a total of 49 candidates for the award, the winner of which is chosen jointly by the readers of “Auto Bild” and “Bild am Sonntag” together with a panel of experts. The Audi A3 Sedan came out on top in the “Middle Class” category.
The award is already the 23rd Golden Steering Wheel for the company in the 38-year history of the award – no other brand has won more. The new Audi A3 Sedan is the first notchback model from Audi in the compact premium segment.
Guests from the worlds of business, politics and the media attended the awards ceremony at Axel Springer Haus.
“Auto Bild” and “Bild am Sonntag” have been making the Golden Steering Wheel awards annually to the best new automobiles since 1976. There are six categories of award: Small/Compact Cars, Middle Class, Cabriolets/Coupés, Vans, SUVs, and Upper/Luxury Class. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Auto Bild |
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service