Official F1 Opus set for Qatar debut
Doha, November 11, 2013
After making its debut last weekend, the Official Formula 1 Opus Bernie Edition, the iconic collector’s piece valued at $1 million, will be revealed to Qatar at the upcoming World Luxury Expo in Doha.
The event, which will kick off at the St Regis, Doha on November 14, is the fourth edition of the World Luxury Expo series. It will showcase a selection of the world’s leading luxury brands in one spectacular venue, where access is by invitation-only, said the event organisers.
The Expo series has steadily gained momentum and status in the region, having recently concluded three successful events, the first at Burj Al Arab, Dubai in January, the second in February at the palatial Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh and the third edition took place at Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi in September 2013, they added.
This iconic collector’s piece, Official Formula 1 Opus Bernie Edition, will be presented by Opus Media Group, the luxury publisher that produces premium, limited edition publications, in official partnership with leading names in the world of sport, entertainment & fashion.
At half a metre square, 852 pages long and weighing 37 kg, The Official Formula 1 Opus is the ultimate celebration of F1. The history of this exhilarating sport has never been told in such depth, featuring numerous exclusive interviews and truly stunning imagery on an unprecedented scale.
The Bernie Edition is 1/1, a bespoke Champions Edition Opus, but it will entitle the holder to unique access into the world of Formula One for the 2014 race season.
The holder will receive, for each day, of each race in the 2014; four passes for the Paddock Club, the ultimate in hospitality; two Paddock passes, which are exclusively for the teams or invite only; the chance to have ‘Tea with Mr. E’; and invitations to the exclusive evening events, such as concerts and Black tie parties.
As the holder of the Bernie Edition the owner is also able to transfer individual passes if they themselves choose not to attend.
Commenting on the launch, Bernie Ecclestone, the CEO and president, FOM, said: “A book like this probably won’t happen again, and the signatures of the drivers being included with The Bernie and the ‘champions’ edition make it very special indeed."
"It is a must have for anyone who loves Formula One. A lot of the photographs in the book have never been seen before and they’re there because I gave permission for them to be used," he noted.
The bespoke carbon fibre clamshell presentation box has been designed exclusively for the Bernie Edition by GPFone in Silverstone, England. Using pure silver, his iconic ‘Bernie‘ signature sits on the front cover of the gunmetal grey carbon fibre.
The colour was specifically chosen by Ecclestone, which distinguishes it from the standard black carbon fibre clamshell’s that are paired with the regular Champions Editions.
The interior is high grade leather in a contrasting grey, a home fit for such a unique and unprecedented publication as The Official Formula 1 Opus Bernie Edition.
Also at the expo, McLaren will showcase the latest in a new breed of hypercars, the award winning McLaren 12C and 12C Spider, which are exceeding expectations in the Middle East.
"It was 20 years ago that McLaren changed the shape of the supercar industry with the McLaren F1 road car, and we are doing it again with the McLaren P1," remarked Ian Gorsuch, McLaren automotive regional director for the Middle East and Africa.
"The Middle East market is particularly important and fascinating as luxury and sports car owners are very discerning, and as car manufacturers we are fully aware of the need to constantly impress them," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show