Top supercars to showcase in Dubai motor show
Dubai, November 3, 2013
Leading brands are set to showcase high octane, adrenaline-fuelled and horsepower driven supercars at the Dubai International Motor Show this week.
The supercar segment forms a key part of the region’s biennial motoring event, to run from November 5 to 9 at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC).
It will be attended by motoring enthusiasts from around the world to witness the latest global and regional launches of more than 90 internationally recognised automotive brands.
It is the anchor event in the newly announced Dubai Motor Festival created under the patronage of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, and will take place under the auspices of Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM).
Trixie Loh Mirmand, senior vice president, DWTC, said: “Supercars are defined by their capabilities – how they perform, look and feel. The supercar segment has always been a hugely popular part of the show and this year we have a number of exciting regional premieres and launches from the world’s leading marques.”
Participating for the first time in the Middle East, Spanish supercar manufacturer Spania GTA will premiere its GTA Spano for the region. A very rare breed with only 99 models produced, this Spanish heavyweight features a 900hp V10 engine and 1000Nm electronically limited torque. The car accelerates from 0 to 100 Km/h in 2.9 seconds and has a top speed of over 350 km/h, while the chassis has been formed by combining carbon fibres, titanium and Kevlar, which is five times stronger than the same weight of steel, with a total weight of only 1350 kg.
“We are excited to be showcasing our latest offering at the show. The GTA Spano boasts the most advanced technology, innovative aesthetics and researched aerodynamics making it one of the most exciting cars in its class,” said Domingo Ochoa, CEO of Spania GTA.
The leading American tuning company, Hennessey, will be showcasing a wide range of supercars including Hennessey Venom GT. Weighing in at 2685-lb and with a brake horse power of 1244, the Venom holds the Guinness World Record for production-car acceleration – 0-300 km/h in 13.63 seconds – making it the fastest road car.
John Hennessey, president and founder of Hennessey Performance, said: "We are very excited to show our Venom GT supercar for the first time at the Dubai Motor Show. The GCC is a very important market for Hennessey and the Venom GT."
Bentley’s limited edition Muslanne Shaheen is set to see its global debut at the Dubai show, which will be showcased alongside recently launched luxury sedan ‘Flying Spur.’ Other models to be showcased will include the latest additions to the GT range – the Bentley Continental GT and the Continental GT Speed Convertible.
Lebanese carmaker W Motors is planning the launch its first supercar, the Lykan HyperSport at the show. The supercar is powered by a twin-turbocharged flat-six engine with 750-hp positioned behind the driver, allowing for a 0-100km/h (62mph) sprint time of 2.8 seconds and a top speed of 395km/h (245mph).
Zenvo ST1, an exclusive handmade supercar by Danish caremaker Zenvo will make its world debut at the show. It has a powerful engine with 1104 hp and accelerates from standstill to 100 km/h in only 3.0 seconds, with a turbocharged and supercharged 7-litre V8 engine that was built in-house produces 1430Nm of torque.
Two additional events to be launched during the Dubai Motor Festival, complementing the Dubai International Motor Show are the Red Bull Middle East Car Park Drift Championships, which will test the nerves and skill of some of the region’s top drivers, and the Dubai Car Parade which will see hundreds of luxury, sports and classic cars led by the Dubai Police fleet of high performance cars on Dubai’s streets. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers