Jaguar Land Rover wins big at MEMA
Sharjah, October 31, 2013
Luxury automotive manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover won three major awards at the recent 2013 Middle East Motor Awards (MEMA) in Sharjah.
The highly acclaimed Jaguar F-Type was crowned ‘Car of the Year 2013’ and also took the ‘Best Premium Sports Convertible’ accolade, while Land Rover joined the award winners with its class leading Range Rover taking home the MEMA ‘Best Luxury SUV’ award.
The first full-blooded Jaguar sports car to be launched in more than 50 years, Jaguar’s F-Type has already won a number of global awards including ‘Best Sports Car of the Show’ at the 2012 Paris Motor Show and the ‘2013 World Car Design of The Year’.
Since its launch in September last year, the Range Rover has racked up multiple awards globally, winning ‘Luxury Car of the Year’ from both What Car? Magazine and Top Gear Magazine.
Speaking about the awards ceremony, which took place at the Al Majaz Waterfront in Sharjah, Robin Colgan, managing director, Jaguar Land Rover Mena said: “We are extremely proud that two of our most prized vehicles have been acknowledged at such a high level in the region. Both the F-Type and the Range Rover are proof of Jaguar Land Rover’s historic ability to constantly innovate and be at the pinnacle of luxury and refinement.”
“It is an honour to see the F-Type win Best Premium Sports Convertible in the Middle East; and even more so that it has been given the Car of the Year accolade. The Range Rover is one of our most popular vehicles in this region and to have its position reinforced with the title of Best Luxury SUV by MEMA is further testament to its legendary off-road capabilities and high luxury standards,” he added.
Saif Mohammed Al Midfa, chief executive officer, Expo Centre Sharjah, said: “The countdown to the region’s biggest and the most coveted award for the automotive industry was pretty exciting. We had one of the most exhaustive line-up of categories, entries from world’s top automakers and distributors, and 18 jury members who are well-known names in the industry.”
“The UAE has one of the fastest growing automobile markets in the world and the MEMA is considered as a great catalyst for boosting sales, with the shortlisted and winning entries helping prospective consumers check out vehicles that are best in their class and choose the right one.”
The MEMA judging panel consisted of 18 highly experienced motoring journalists from across the region that utilized a comprehensive scoring system taking into account a variety of key factors such as performance, technology and design. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service