New sales director for Daimler Middle East
Dubai, October 30, 2013
Dirk Fetzer will take the wheel as director sales and marketing at Daimler Middle East & Levant effective November 1.
He succeeds Frank Bernthaler who has moved to the Austrian market.
Fetzer will hit the road in his new role with the regional launch of two exciting Mercedes-Benz cars and a regional first at the Dubai International Motor Show 2013.
No stranger to the regional market, after joining Daimler in 1996 Fetzer’s first assignment led him to the Middle East in 1999, working three years as assistant sales manager within the passenger cars department of the Daimler regional office in Dubai.
In 2003 Fetzer returned to Stuttgart to take a management position in the sales and marketing area of Mercedes-Benz as product manager for M-Class and GL SUVs. Thereafter, Fetzer was appointed chief of staff to the executive vice president Mercedes-Benz cars sales and marketing, and was promoted to senior manager in 2009 with responsibility for business management and controlling of the Mercedes-Benz Global Own Retail organization and Investment planning for the international sales organisation.
Mike Belk, president & CEO, Daimler Middle East & Levant, said: “Dirk brings a wealth of experience and understanding of the automotive business in Middle East and will be a great asset to the company. With his passion for cars, as well as his broad experience in sales, marketing and retail, we are sure that he will provide valuable guidance and continue to implement the regional 2020 Growth Strategy with passion and drive, building on the excellent foundations laid by Frank Bernthaler.”
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers