Hyundai to unveil line-up at Dubai motor show
Dubai, October 24, 2013
Korean automaker Hyundai is set to unveil its new line-up with regional debuts on displays at this year’s Dubai International Motor Show.
The debuts include the HCD-14 Genesis concept, the i20 WRC, the new 2014 Centennial Limousine and Veloster Turbo, at the show to take place at the Dubai World Trade Centre from November 5 to 9.
Heading the line-up is the HCD-14 Genesis concept, with innovative features such as optical recognition and interactive 3D gesture recognition. From the side view silhouette, classic rear-drive sport sedan proportions are evident, while large wheels were developed from a mix of premium lightweight alloys with carbon fibre surrounding the voided areas of the wheel design, said a statement.
The i20 WRC model will feature Hyundai’s return to the World Rally Championship (WRC). It has been enduring tests around the world ahead of the start of the 2014 WRC and visitors will get their first chance to get a close up look at this new, 1.6L turbocharged racer.
The limousine version the new 2014 Centennial will appear for the first time in the Middle East and is well suited to the market, said the statement.
The Veloster Turbo boasts 1.6 turbo GDI engine producing 204hp, besides a number of stylish design upgrades over the standard model.
Vice president and head of Hyundai Africa and Middle East Headquarter Tom Lee said: “With the Dubai International Motor Show being the biggest motor show in the Middle East, and bearing in mind Hyundai’s rapidly increasing popularity across the region, we have ensured that we won’t be holding back in our efforts to make this year’s stand our best ever. And with no less than four regional debuts, by four very different cars, visitors to the Hyundai stand will certainly be in for a real treat.”
A wide range of other models from Hyundai will also be present on the stand, with the SUV zone featuring the Santa Fe, the recently launched Grand Santa Fe and new 2014 Tucson; the Genesis and Genesis Coupe will join the new 2014 Centennial Limousine in the premium zone; and the Accent, Elantra, Sonata and Azera, will also be on show along with some of the company’s mid-sized models, the i30 and i40. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer