Jaguar Land Rover Mena sales up 38pc
Dubai, October 22, 2013
Luxury automotive manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover continued its Mena sales success story with a 38 per cent jump in sales during the first nine months compared to the same period last year.
The results mirror JLR’s strong global performance which saw a record September, up 17 per cent over last year, said a statement from the luxury auto giant.
Land Rover sales for January to September soared 40 per cent over last year, driven by sales of the flagship all-new Range Rover and the recently introduced all-new Range Rover Sport, traditionally Land Rover’s best-selling vehicle in the region.
The brand also experienced growth across its Range Rover Evoque, Land Rover LR4 and iconic Land Rover Defender vehicles, said the statement.
Similarly, Jaguar delivered a strong Mena sales performance, with an increase of 30 per cent during January to September period over last year. The flagship Jaguar XJ led the charge with a 32 per cent uplift in sales for the period, boosted by a number of corporate deals in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, followed by the award-winning Jaguar XF which maintained momentum to deliver a 25 per cent increase.
The sales of the newly launched Jaguar F-Type, the first all-new sports car for the brand in over 50 years, also contributed to the result, with sales of the all-aluminium two-seater convertible surpassing expectations.
Commenting on the solid results, Robin Colgan, the managing director for Jaguar Land Rover Mena said: "I am proud to say we have had an exceptionally strong year to date in Mena, and these figures prove we have been successful in maintaining this momentum across both brands."
"This was driven in part by the launch of three stunning new vehicles which have been extremely well received by customers in the region – the All-New Range Rover, All-New Range Rover Sport and of course the Jaguar F-TYPE – complementing what is now our strongest ever line-up," he noted.
According to Colgan, the GCC markets continued to drive sales for Jaguar Land Rover in the region, with the UAE and Saudi Arabia coming out as the top two markets in the region. North Africa also continued to deliver a strong performance, particularly in Algeria and Morocco.
"With the introduction of our revitalized 14MY fleet, we expect results for the remainder of the year to be equally as impressive," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service